Commission on Disability
The Commission on Disability meets on the third Wednesday, ten months per year from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
The Personnel Director is the ADA Coordinator and provides support to the Commission.
Address: Commission on Disability c/o Personnel Department, 149 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472.
| Term Expiration: 11/1/2020 Vacant
Term Expiration: 11/1/2020 Elan Rohde
Term Expiration: 11/1/18 Megan O'Halloran
Term Expiration: 11/1/18 Carol Menton
Term Expiration: 11/1/19 Carol Wilson-Braun
Term Expiration: 11/1/19 Kim Charlson
Term Expiration: 11/1/19 Lisa Feltner, Town Council
Term Expiration: 11/1/2020 John Hawes, Jr
Term Expiration: 11/1/18 Lissa Gifford
- Research local concerns experienced by people with disabilities and their families.
- Advise / assist municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws affecting people with disabilities.
- Coordinate / carryout programs designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities and their families.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures, and services affecting people with disabilities and their families.
- Provide Closed Captioning for Town Council Meetings.
- Provide information, referrals, guidance, and technical assistance in all matters pertaining to disability.
- Help coordinate activities of other local groups organized for similar purposes.
Vacancy / Term
Nine members, three-year term
The Commission on Disability past and present meeting minutes can be found here:
WCOD Meeting Minutes
The 2012 4th edition Accessible Dinging Guide can be downloaded here:
WCOD Accessible Dining Guide 4th edition 2012