Health Department Updates
- The Watertown Health Department will be hosting a J&J Janssen Covid-19 Vaccination Clinic on 05/13/2021 from 12:30pm-3pm at Hibernian Hall at 151 Watertown St, Watertown
- Registration for the clinic can be done by following this link: https://www.maimmunizations.org//reg/6151230932
- Any individual who is eligible for vaccination can visit COVID-19 Vaccine | Mass.gov for more information. Massachusetts COVID-19 vaccination locations can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccination-locations#find-a-location-to-get-vaccinated-if-eligible-. If you require assistance in registering or have questions, please call Massachusetts 2-1-1.
We will continue to post information on our webpage, social media and COVID 19 page
The mission of the Watertown Health Department is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and disability, and access and improve the health status of the community. Its divisions include:
- Animal Control
- Board of Health
- Community Health Services
- Community Wellness Programs
- Educational Resources
- Emergency Preparedness
- Tobacco Control
Click the link for the Health Departments latest annual report (PDF)
Duties & Responsibilities
Environmental Health Services consist of mandated and non-mandated inspection programs including, but not limited to: Housing, Body Art, Food Establishments, Odor Noise and Dust, Tanning Establishments, Hazardous Waste Inspection, Lead Paint and Asbestos.
A full-time animal control officer (ACO) provides services for Watertown. The ACO responds to citizens’ complaints and enforces the provisions of the Animal Control Ordinance. The department hosts an annual rabies day for cats and dogs under the auspices of town veterinarian Thomas Cusick, D.V.M.
The Health Department offers a variety of free community health services to its residents such as: Tuberculosis Screening (Mantoux test), Flu & Pneumonia Clinics, Blood Pressure Screening and Health Education.