Please see Town Hall and Senior Center Summer Hours/Holidays 2021... Read on...
Please join us at the Poppy Picnic on Friday, May 28, 2021 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Read on...
Read the Town Manager's Coronavirus (COVID19) Update for May 7, 2021. Additional Info...
Watertown Parking Management Plan
Watertown has developed a Parking Management Plan for Watertown Square and Coolidge Square. The Plan takes a fresh look at the existing parking supply, demand for parking, and creative ways to satisfy parking needs. Parking is an important tool in supporting Watertown’s commercial centers. Good parking policies can make these retail centers more user friendly and welcoming.
The Plan makes recommendations to improve parking, such as:
- Improved meter technology
- Consistent and easy to understand regulations
- Options for enforcement
- Changes that could better manage parking and meet ongoing demand
- Opportunities for shared parking
- Other ways to support healthy and successful commercial centers
Executive Summary and Strategies
Draft recommendations were presented to the Council Committees on Economic Development and Planning and Public Works on August 27, 2019. See the full presentation here. Background information is available below.
The Project Team collected input from residents and the business community through an on-line survey and two initial public meetings in January, 2019. The public input as well as data collection by the project team resulted in an Existing Conditions Report. A meeting to present draft strategies to the public was held Tuesday, May 7 at 7:00 PM at the Watertown Public Library.
In January, 2019 the community had the opportunity to see data on parking supply and occupancy, and give feedback on their experiences and preferences. Materials from those open house meetings can be viewed here:
Materials for May 7, 2019 public meeting:
- Strategies Presentation (May 7, 2019)
- Strategies Handout (May, 2019)
- Existing Conditions Report (May, 2019)
Materials from January, 2019 public meetings:
- Coolidge Square Meeting Presentation (January, 2019)
- Coolidge Square Interim Survey Results (January, 2019)
- Watertown Square Meeting Presentation (January, 2019)
- Watertown Square Interim Survey Results (January, 2019)
- Project Consultant: Ralph DeNisco, Stantec
- Project Contact: Laura Wiener, Department of Community Development & Planning
- Sgt. David Sampson, Police Traffic Division
- Sean DelRose, Treasurer-Collector’s Office
For more information, email Laura Wiener, Senior Transportation Planner or call at (617) 972-6417